Why can't I do a virtual zoom anymore?

Heecubus114

Damn - realized there is a better place I could have posted this - SORRY!

Hello - hopefully someone has an easy answer to this...

A couple weeks ago I created my own live set. I had the virtual zoom option set up fine - no problems. Since then, I have changed the set around and edited it PS, but now, when I export it back to my Tricaster, I no longer have the option to "animate zoom". Does anyone know why this might be? I can't figure out anything I am doing differently than the first round where it worked fine.

I am using a Tricaster 455, if that matters. Thanks.

Unfortunately, when you make any changes to the VSE file, it is impossible to save these changes for future use when you re-import an updated Photoshop file. That means you have to re-do everything you did earlier in VSE.

So...be sure that you re-do everything regarding these zoom levels in VSE before you export.

If I am understanding correctly - then yes, I have done that. Every time I changed the PS file, I reopened it in VSE, made the changes I wanted, then re-saved it, overwriting the previous version. In VSE, the file has the (2) different zoom levels, but when I export it to the Tricaster and open it in my session, the animate zoom option is now faded out...

You probably just need to reset your start and end points in VSE. If they are identical, the zoom is disabled.

Kris

We've seen a problem where the end point did not export, which caused exactly what you described. Zoom levels #1 and #9 are substantially different. Don't have a solution and have not yet reported it because we are too busy right now. Only happened on 1-2 of our files. Don't know why?

Probably best to try all-new PSD filenames and VSE2 filenames.

I've had this happen numerous times, what I had to do is to restart my Tricaster. Next time you see this happen, bring in another set into the Tricaster, you might just see that that set has no zoom either. So it doesn't appear to be the sets, but a brain fart on the part of the Tricaster.

Very simply, "Save" in VSE2 often does NOT actually save anything. Clicking "Save" has the same effect of snapping my fingers. Nothing.

We always "Save As," then "OK" to overwrite.

Perhaps this is the root cause of your problem?

Don't think so. If the zoom is working in VSE2, and then you 'export to tricaster'.... shouldn't it also work in the Tricaster Live session?

Best,

Ben

Only 8000 supports 8 presets. For lower model numbers, only two of the presets were stored (as "Start" and "End" positions - the other two presets in 'live' are calculated from thsoe two).

I think it used to be the first and last VSE presets that were used, but overheard someone say the other day that it was the first two now. I'd have to test to be sure, but will look into it when I get a minute to see if it changed.

On my 455 system, I only see 2 presets in VSE, but they aren't labeled... so I assume they are 'start' and 'end'...

Again, works flawlessly inside VSE2, but doesn't work at all in LIVE...

Best,

Ben

Sorry, you're probably right. It behaves a bit differently when VSE is installed in standalone manner. I see so many variants here it can get a little overwhelming sometimes. Are you having this problem with a set of your own design, or one of the supplied projects?

I'm having trouble with a simple PSD double box that I created myself...

Everything works in VSE2, including the animation, but when I export it to the tricaster, and call it up in live, it all works except I cannot zoom in or animate the zoom. Even though the zoom was set and worked in VSE2

Best,

Ben

TC455&855 you need to use the first and last or better said, 0 and 8 for the zoom levels.

Take care

- - - Updated - - -

Also the TC40 or anything but the 8000.

On a TC455, there is ONLY a first and last. Just 2 boxes show up when I click the preset icon. This is running ON my TC455, not standalone..

So, when I click the preset I just get the 2 little icons... 1 and 2, or first and last, I assume...

Spent 1.5hrs on the phone with 2nd tier CS yesterday. They're stumped too... :(

Best,

Ben

Your call, but let me mention that a CS case number is not the same thing as a Fogbugz report. In due course, an unresolved CS case may be referred back to Engineering ... but key people in Engineering keep a weather eye on Fogbugz in near realtime ... the sort of people who *sometimes love a puzzle.

* There are a lot of variables, and either route may be best in a given instance. In many, if not most cases, it turns out not to be a bug at all. CS is best equipped for such things, and will generally be quickest. In others, an item eventually wends it's way back to Engineering.

Howdy...

So, just as an update... I upgraded to 2.1 yesterday, and it all seems to be working now, so if you're having these issues, try to upgrade...

Best,

Ben

Back