Unable to Reset Newtek Connect Spark

ngiarrusso

I have a Newtek Connect Spark that I am unable to factory reset. I've inserted a pin into the reset button located next to the power switch. I can feel the click when I push down the reset button, but nothing lights up on the bank of lights and there is no sign that the device has reset. I am just looking for any tips to try before I have to consider buying a device to replace it.

The strange thing is that I can ping the device. It was set with a static IP and no matter how many times I try to reset the device, it always remains on that address (I know this because the moment I unplug the device, I can see the pings to the device end).

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hardware Version:1.7.15
Firmware Version: 3.99.1977

Nick G.

Yes, I reached out and they said the device was at end of life. I just wanted to reach out in case anyone had any experience with this issue and if there was anything I should try out.

I see, sorry to hear that. Do you have any idea what triggered the failure (perhaps a power event)?

This is the original Spark? I'll ask around engineering to see if anyone has any bright ideas, but it does sound like it might be DOA :(

Back