Sportzcast Scorebot XML file - Live Text not accepting file - No graphics

CCampbell

Hello everyone. First post here. I have a Sportzcast scorebot that I'm trying to get scoreboard info from to build score bug graphics for in Live Text.
I'm using a Tricaster Mini HD /SDI. I have installed the Sportz cast software called Live XML to generate an XML file to bring into Live Text. Live Text will not open the XML file.

I'm not a super user and this whole thing has been very difficult as all we want to do is get scoreboard graphics on our live stream. If anyone can help me sort out this work flow I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Are you having the Sportzcast save it file into the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input"?

The problem is that when I try to open the XML file in LiveText is doesn't open.. or maybe I'm not understanding how the XML file works. My basic understanding is that you have a text field set up in LiveText, then with that field still selected you add the XML file I saved to the Text Input folder.. but I get a message saying that I can't open the XML file.

My basic understanding is that you have a text field set up in LiveText, then with that field still selected you add the XML file I saved to the Text Input folder.. but I get a message saying that I can't open the XML file.
I think you got this sorted out by now, from one of the other threads, but the quote above is completely incorrect. Title pages created with embedded DataLink entries look at the Watch folder for the current session to find files (of several types, including ascii, csv, txt and XML) that contain key-value pairs. If a matching DtaLink key is on the title page, the corresponding value is used. You do not 'open the XML file' in LiveText.

Yes, it's incorrect because I don't know. Like I said, I'm new to this, thus I'm on this forum to find answers, not snarky comments. Thanks for this information.

I'm sorry if that seemed snarky - it was merely meant to point to a fundamental misunderstanding.

There are a raft of videos online, both on the NewTek site and elsewhere. Some may be slightly out of date, but the basic principles and terms largely remain unchanged over the years. Beyond that, there's always the manual, and many experienced users frequent the forums and are glad to offer insights.

I also point out that LiveText XML support is strict, if the XML data isn't constructed in a LiveText 'friendly' way, it probably will not work. There should be a sample XML file in that LiveText watch folder you can use for reference.

The TriCaster's XML DataLink reader is much more adaptable and will accept just about any XML file you feed into it.

I also point out that LiveText XML support is strict, if the XML data isn't constructed in a LiveText 'friendly' way, it probably will not work. There should be a sample XML file in that LiveText watch folder you can use for reference.

The TriCaster's XML DataLink reader is much more adaptable and will accept just about any XML file you feed into it.
I was looking for this Datalink reader but I can't find it on the NewTek website. Is it discontinued?

The Datalink reader in TriCaster? It's part of any current TriCaster system (Rev 3 software and higher).

Back