NSP4kIO UHDp59.94 Support?

stp_productions

Hi,

Per the tech specs the 4kIO should support UHD @ 59.94

2160p: 60, 59.94, 30, 29.97, 25

The issue I have is when I try to connect my Canon XF705 over HDMI I can only get it to see the input up to [email protected]. If I goto 59.94 it says No signal. This also happens with my Dell XPS 15 where the highest frequency I can get to work in UHD is 50hz. If I use 59.94 or 60hz on the laptop the spark goes to no input. I have tried updating to the latest firmware but that didnt help as well as a factory reset. Just currious if anyone can speak to using one of these with a Canon camera or otherwise at this resolution. 1080p59.94 works fine but looking to use it at UHD.

If I use the same HDMI cables (Tried 3 different brands) and connect it to one of my TVs they all work and report UHD 59.94 so I do not believe this to be a cable issue unless the spark is really particular.

The XF705 manual reports that HDMI output in UHD is 3840*2160 YCbCR 4:2:2 10bit - I did see one facebook post saying they had to set their camera to 4:2:0 to prevent odd visual issues but I simply get no signal. The cameras work fine with the 12g spark over SDI but sometimes I need an extra input and wanted to put this HDMI source to use.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, I had a similar problem using my canon C70 a few months ago, it turned out to be a problem with the HDMI output on the camera being faulty. returned it to canon for repair and it works fine now with the sparkIO.

Yes, I had a similar problem using my canon C70 a few months ago, it turned out to be a problem with the HDMI output on the camera being faulty. returned it to canon for repair and it works fine now with the sparkIO.
Was it only broke witht the spark or TVs too? I only have the issue on the spark. I also got a response from Support confirming this is a 1.4 HDMI device and as such is limited to 8-bit 4:2:0 color in UHDp59.94. I dont believe I can lower the color space on the XF-705 without lowering the resolution and frame rate :(

Was it only broke witht the spark or TVs too?
Hi sorry for the late reply, but yes that was the thing that made it so difficult to resolve/ detect. It worked fine connected to a Tv hdmi ,but not on the spark io. It was bizarre. The only reason we found it was because we had 2 canon C70s and one worked perfectly on TV and with the sparkio .

cheers..

Ah good point. I just tried all 6 of my XF-705 and they consistently don't work with the spark4kio :( I think the color space and being a hdmi 1.4 based device is the culprit.

Back