Triggering Macros with Specific Events

Auggie

Is it possible to trigger a macro with a condition, like when a certain input is taken to program? I realize that I can build another macro to trigger this macro, but I would prefer to not have to hit a new button set for that new macro, I would just want it to happen when that input is taken to program.

Hi Auggie,
Haven't tested it yet - but if you are operating a TC1 Pro or TC2 Elite, it should be possible with macro variables. Something like ifInput1 value=true... That's described in the Automation Manual, as I think.
@kanep is deep into that.
Or @FrankPW. He already described it somewhere in the forum.
I think this Macro Command/Shortcut shoud help for your needs -
"main_b_row_named_input" + "Value"=INPUT1 or INPUT2 or.... INPUT32 (or any input available on your TC2 (Banks)

You can then trigger these your ´user´ Macro(s) for each Input you want on PREV i.e. onto buttons on an external Elgato Stream Deck device... ;)

This is a screengrab showing how to easily and automatically trigger a macro when a specific source has program tally (there are many other trigger options, too).

1698339739305.png

Chris and Steve,

Thanks! I think that's gonna get me where I need to go. And to trigger the Macro off, I can just set the macro in program tally to "Inactive" on another source, correct?

Sorry, I need a clearer explanation or example to show exactly what you want to happen when you say "And to trigger the Macro off ..." :)

I went in there and played with it a bit. I now understand what Inactive means in that context and I got it to do exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks again!

I went in there and played with it a bit. I now understand what Inactive means in that context and I got it to do exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks again!
Cool, very happy it worked for you. A big part of my job is making things that could be complicated simple. :)

Back