TriCaster Sending out jittery videos to live stream.

kebert177

I have a TriCaster Mini 4K SDI.
When I use 2 SDI and 2 NDI camera's it sends out jittery videos to our live stream platform.
If I take off the 2 NDI camera's it works fine.

Hi kebert177,
Please tell us more about your problem, to help you.
Software version, network settings, number and type of NDI devices, resolution of cameras/show, settings of NDI Access Manager (receiving settings), ...

You get also jittery output if you have your SDI cam selected for program?
What means jittery? Hick ups or lower frame rate? Or do you see lower bandwidth on previews?

I would suggest, that it depends on
1.) either the network bandwidth or
2.) the network cable length (less than 25m)
3.) or the CAT standard of the LAN cable (at least CAT 6).

Best regards from Germany!
Chris

Hallo kebert177 ,

TriCaster Mini 4K SDI ?!??,
to my knowledge such a Mini model does (did) not exist.

I do remember Mini SDI (SDI I/O, shipping started about end of 2015) or Mini 4K (NDI I/O only, started about end of 2019).

So I guess you have a Mini 4K with your 2 SDI video feeds connected via 2pcs Spark Plus I/O (SDI model) SDI-to-NDI converters to the integrated Mini 4K NDI Inputs, correct ?

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Jittery means the video speeds up, and the audio is a little choppy.

NewTek TriCaster Mini SDI! Build 7-3-200818 NDI Version 4.5.3.0

Bandwidth was good at least 100 up and 100 down.

Cable was less then 50 feet and was CAT 6.

We were using 1 Sony cam and a cannon cam HDMI converted to SDI when we use just that it works fine.

We added 2 NewTek PTZ cam’s and was using NDI screen capture from a laptop.

If we used any of the PTZ’s or Screen capture it would either freeze or be jittery.

Our live stream is on you tube “The Big Voice” Last Bear Moon powwow time mark 10 min in.

Thank you!

To get it right:
You have the jitter/glitch issue only on the streaming platform/Youtube - and NOT on the preview or program monitor. There you see a fine, fluent picture from all 4 sources and hear a clear sound during switching sources, right?

Question one: Are you on the latest firmware and software updates for the TC and all your NDI devices? Actually for NDI it is 5.6.1.

Can you set up the Timecode to "internal" ? Not your graphics card. Last one might result in a glitch.

What are your Streaming Settings? Have you tried to set those to a manual smtp-stream?

Good Morning kebert177,

in addition to Chris post above I´m wondering if there might be some kind of ´incompatibility´ issues (there shouldn´t, but .... 🤷‍♂️) between your TC Mini SDI SW buIld 7-3-200818 (indeed the last available TC AE3 version for your Mini SDI model, as far as I understand) and your PC running propably latest NDI Tools version (5.6.1.0) Screen Capture App Tool.

There are by now nearly 4 years between TC 7-3-200818(with NDI Runtime 4.5.3.0) and NDI Tools 5.6.1.0 (Feb´24).

If you want to give it a try, I do have indeed the history of NDI Tools versions stored and do have NDI Tools 4.5.3.0 (Runtime version dated 200808) availabe.
Please send me private note if you are interrested to get access to this NDI Toold 4.5.3.0.exe, in case you do not have this available on your end.

kebert177 said:
"We added 2 NewTek PTZ cam’s and was using NDI screen capture from a laptop."

What model/type are these 2 NTK PTZ cameras exactly? (there were a couple once made until now)

Last edited:
Hi again kebert177
Could you please send us your feedback on Chris´s reply above too?

As you told me in the meantime via your private post your PTZ cams are 2pcs NDI|HX-PTZUHD

Another Idea came up to my mind, since your NDI|HX-PTZUHD is a product available since back from early 2020 too.

You should try out to change on your Mini SDI within NDI Tools Access Manager App Receive Mode from Auto(Recommended) to the in the early years of NDI used UDP, Multi-TCP or even Single-TCP transmission modes.

View attachment 157246

This might be needed & help if part of #1 from Chris´s post above is NOT true:
("There you see a fine, fluent picture from all 4 sources and hear a clear sound during switching sources, right?")

Chris:
>>>
"To get it right:
You have the jitter/glitch issue only on the streaming platform/Youtube - and NOT on the preview or program monitor. There you see a fine, fluent picture from all 4 sources and hear a clear sound during switching sources, right?"
<<<

Last edited:
just another quick note:
NDI|HX-PTZUHD is a NDI|HX V2 device, supported up from NDI 4.0 and above.

Last edited:
Back