Tricaster Instant Replay bug in 8-2-231227 - fix?

Hi!

Problem: The instant replay videos on DDR are always starting from the very beginning, not some seconds back since the Tricaster Software 8-2-231227

As it seems that the previous forum thread for this issue is gone, i would like to ask again, when we can expect a fix for this bug?
It is exactly three month now, that the buggy software version was published and the bug is not minor: The replay function to DDR is not usable anymore, you have to downgrade the machine to get it back :-(

Many thanks for giving us an update.

Best regards,
Matthias

I wouldn't expect that with a TC Elite
WHY ???

This is/was a feature (well implemented into UI too later in time) and working just fine since a while now on most (all?) TC models.
I do remember some sports productions back in 2016/2017 I started using this (by then new) added feature implementation into TC software.

Last edited:
Hi Matthias, (@matthias-web)

indeed strange why only a few ´official´ lines (Steve) came back on this yet, while this topic started already in the previous forum weeks ago ... :unsure:

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same problem. I just did an software upgrade a couple of weeks ago and used it for a sports event this past weekend. The replays are starting from the recording start time regardless of the replay length selected, i.e. 3, 5, 8, or 10 seconds.

I have the Mini-4K.

Thank you.

David

There are definitely issues, surrounding the mini 4K updating, I don’t think the updating process as transition well between Newtek & Vizrt. Somethings gone wrong!

I'm experiencing the same problem. I just did an software upgrade a couple of weeks ago and used it for a sports event this past weekend. The replays are starting from the recording start time regardless of the replay length selected, i.e. 3, 5, 8, or 10 seconds.

I have the Mini-4K.

Thank you.

David
Hi David, do you have the chance to downgrade your Mini-4K to 8-1-230823 Build, like e.g. Matthias (started this thread) did do so to get this feature working again for daily work needed, until ´official´ fix will become finally available?

Hi David, do you have the chance to downgrade your Mini-4K to 8-1-230823 Build, like e.g. Matthias (started this thread) did do so to get this feature working again for daily work needed, until ´official´ fix will become finally available?
I will give that a try. I am at the latest, 8-2...227C, but I'll try that earlier version.

Hello, Everyone. I am trying to track down the various threads that this replay issue has been discussed, so you may have seen this message in another location. This issue, incorrect durations for replays, will be resolved in the upcoming release. We are working toward getting this build out to the public for all TriCasters before the end of May.

I also wanted to thank you all for using the forum, and I hope you will continue to do so. While using our official support channels is always the best way to get help, this forum can be a great way to ensure that the larger community sees the same issue when tracking a bug or to share unique workflows and use cases.

Back