PTZ1 - No picture from camera, but I can control it

cyt_cbs

Hi,

I got a couple of NDI HX-PTZ1 and NDI HX-PTZ2 and I'm using them together with different PoE switches, EdgeSwitch 8 and 24. I use OBS with NDI plugin on computers with company branded Windows-licenses and sometimes a Tricaster TC-mini.

Most of the times when starting up the streaming kit the PTZ1 cameras won't show any picture. I can connect to the admin-page in the browser (but some fields are empty) with the fixed IP-address and I can control the cameras with joystick but only a black picture shows up. Any idea what to do?

The only difference I can see (NDI Analysis) is that the cameras not working is using port 3705 and the ones working uses the NDI standard 5960-5961. Is there any way to change this in the PTZ software? Could this be the problem? I can't disable the firewall since I'm at company branded computers. I've done the firewall exceptions that should be necessary for using OBS with the cameras on a LAN.

I have same problem, newtek support did not respond to my inquiry Yet.. it apeared in the same time as you post this thread. Other 3 PCs it work fine. all with NDI Tools v5. full NDI cameras work fine. Only NDI HX does not work: From cameras, Screen capture, even phone app. I have tested all these. so its the codec I think. OR can be incompatibility with windows versions. Or security permitions.

I have same problem, newtek support did not respond to my inquiry Yet.. it apeared in the same time as you post this thread. Other 3 PCs it work fine. all with NDI Tools v5. full NDI cameras work fine. Only NDI HX does not work: From cameras, Screen capture, even phone app. I have tested all these. so its the codec I think. OR can be incompatibility with windows versions. Or security permitions.
Thanks for replying. Have you had any success with your inquiry yet? Or solved it in any other way?

Thanks for replying. Have you had any success with your inquiry yet? Or solved it in any other way?
Not yet, and the laptop with this problem has also problem with instaling windows update KB5006670 (security patches for IP printers), always instal up to 100% and then reports error. I think I will have to make clean instal of OS if this persist even longer.

I had problems similar to this. Camera control works but no video in Studio Monitor. Video starting working for me after I removed all anti-virus software. Can you tell if your two PCs have different anti-virus software (or none)?

NDI-HX1 devices (like PTZ1) will uses other ports for communication that what HX2 or High Bandwidth NDI devices will use. This is normal.

I also have the same problem, but only after NDI 5.
kanep says it is normal. Honestly I don't count that as a solution. Any chance we could have a solution kanep?

Not sure if I have the same issue, but my new PTZ-UHD will show black video a few times a week, requiring me to unplug/reconnect power to restore video. The difference is when this happens, all the camera info in the GUI (Firmware, net settings...) are blank. Trying reboot and toggling power in the GUI also seem to have no effect, but I can log-in so something is still "awake" in the camera. Not sure how to address this. I am connected to wall power, not just PoE.

Hello,
We have the same problem with our NDI®|HX PTZ UHD CAMERA. This morning we made a recording of our 6 cameras for 1:30 ( all in the same ME for the test) . All of them deactivated at different times. Like you, we have access to the interface, but the information is missing on all the pages. After 30 seconds the image returns. This is not a reboot, the cameras do not reset. It's just that there are no images...We have A TC2 with advance edition.. (not a simple PC...) We have a Netgear router, setup on a dedicated NDI LAN. We thought of the POE but even connected to the sector, the same phenomenon occurs again.
If anyone has an explanation we would be grateful.
We are really starting to regret our purchase. These cameras are not well made. Newtek should not have put its watermark on those cameras, which are obviously manufactured by Lumen...

Among the main flaws we noted: No black balance, no skin tones, no color bar generation, non-compliant instructions (newtek updated it after our complaint...). In short, decidedly to avoid for professional recordings.

SOLVED!
I had the same issue... control but no video. I'm on NDI-5 with the original PTZ1.

1. Do a factory reset via the web panel. Give it a minute to cycle through.
  2. Set the video to maximum quality (I haven't tested medium or low)
  3. Check to see if the camera is showing up in NDI Monitor
  4. If yes, but you see black, make sure you're not on 'low bandwidth.'
  5. My video showed up immediately when doing that.
  6. Multicast isn't selected.
Does this fix it for you?

Back