Power on and off the NDIHX camera from distance

ellenu

Hello,

We need to find a way to power on and power off the NDIHX-NDI camera from a distance through the internet.
Preferably via some script or similar. Would this go via NDI, Visca over IP or some other way?

I know that you can log in via the web interface and start and shut down there but it does not work in our automated solution where the teachers are recordning their lectures by themself.

Tips and solutions are welcome :)

I used Wireshark and what able to determine the command. Here is a cURL command that will toggle the power status of the camera. I put this in a batch file and it will cycle between power modes each time you run it. You need to download curl for this to work.

Code:
curl.exe -X GET http://192.168.1.158/vb.htm?powermode -u admin:admin

Change the IP to match the camera (192.168.1.158).
If you change the password on the camera from 'admin' to something else, you will need to change the second 'admin' at the end of the command to match (username:password).

Last edited:
I used Wireshark and what able to determine the command. Here is a cURL command that will toggle the power status of the camera. I put this in a batch file and it will cycle between power modes each time you run it. You need to download curl for this to work.

Code:
curl.exe -X GET http://192.168.1.158/vb.htm?powermode -u admin:admin

Change the IP to match the camera (192.168.1.158).
If you change the password on the camera from 'admin' to something else, you will need to change the second 'admin' at the end of the command to match (username:password).

Thank you that worked really good.
Just as a follow up, is it only possible to toggle the on/off?
In best case scenario i would like to send a on or off command. Because if you are far away from the camera
you don´t know if its on or off. Would that be possible?

I'm not aware of a way to send a discreet command for on or off, the power command appears to be a toggle.

Hi Kane - Is this the best solution for powering up/down cameras over POE? We've just been unplugging our cameras' network cables at the switch but I've been looking for a way to turn off/on cameras without having to literally pull the plug.

Thanks!

This is one option. You can also use the web UI to access the power function or the remote control.

Thanks - I didn't realize you could power down with the web UI and be able to power back up the same way. Even thought the camera is 'off' the web UI is still on.

It's not fully powered 'off', but really in a standby mode. The web interface is still active. In fact, there is a video feed from the camera, but it is black with text that says the camera is powered down.

Back