NewTek NDIHX-UHD Network Issue

thecrustychicken

Greetings,

Just purchased a used NDIHX-IHD and it seems to be having a network issue. Using any cable or any port on my switch I get this result.

Here is a Youtube link to a video I made

Sometimes when I power up the camera and wait until it moves after it boots then plug the cable in, the lights on the network jack stay on and the camera will operate as it should...

Any suggestions? I've tried multiple cables and even a different router with the same results.

My camera is set up on a static IP...

Thanks for any help!

Hi Justin,
in case you are not aware of yet already, latest available firmware version for NDIHX-PTZUHD is VCAA111 (released in/around Q4´22)

Does the switch have PoE+? I see power is connected, but the camera might prioritize PoE if the switch offers it.

The switch does not have poe+. I'm using the external power jack. I do have a poe+ injector, but it has the same results with the network lights, I just can't unplug and plug it back in because it reboots.. Sometimes I can plug and unplug the jack and get it to work, but I have better luck waiting for the boot and camera move then plug it in. Once it's running you can move the cable around and no shorts in the jack... it's an ebay purchase and not under warranty, and it's currently running the latest firmware.. It works as it should if I can time it right.. lol. It's my luck!

You may try to take the time until switch is completely configured and functional (normally around 1 min) and then plug PTZ device into after this time period.
Do you have another switch around to test in addition, maybees... ?

Last edited:
I've tried different switches. Other devices I have work fine off the switch port im using. The switch has several devices and stayes plugged in. I did try a different switch, with the same results...

@Kane,
would a ´Factory Reset´ (via UI) do a ´better´ job resetting device and might be worth to give a last try here, or will the ´Upate Firmware´ have the same ´reset´ results for device like the ´Factory Reset´ option?

I was under the impression that he couldn't get any control over the unit, but if the web interface can be accessed, I would try those things.

Tried a factory reset via the UI, but still having same issues. Such a weird issue.. I'm thinking it has to be some issue with the NIC inside the camera... I can intermittly get it to work, but what a hassle to have to have to wrestle it every time. Once it finally connects, everything works as it should....

hmm..., since unit is out of warranty, maybe you want to open camera on the bottom to take a look at the inside connections of the NIC connector.
Just did that with mine the other day for another reason (because of an user error fault ;)).
The 4(5?, don´t remember exactly and have currently no access to unit) silver once one the bottom and the black little screw in the back of the silver metal bottom cover plate.

If not, you may want to contact indeed support as Kane suggested already earlier.

I'm with you, but being the nerdo I am, that was the very first thing I did. Everything visually looks fine.. I notice behind the network jack are two caps. Maybe they are drying up... I wonder if they would sell me that board, or if it's even worth the cost of sending it in... Maybe it's a work if it does camera.... When I get some time I'll do some more research.... Thanks for your time and help....

Back