NDI Bridge, Remote and Audio Direct for Mac?

QMan

I'm really excited by all the new announcements with NDI5, especially the new Bridge, Remote and Audio Direct Functionality.

Congrats and a big thank you to the team developing it all and bringing it to the community.

My business is entirely MacOS and iOS based however, with MacOS only software at the heart of much of what we do. We also often work in remote, hard to access locations where power is an issue so simply adding a Windows PC into the mix to handle NDI isn't a great option as it comes with all sorts of extra issues around weight, power supply and other logistics.

In order to be able to plan our strategy of how we might implement and take advantage of NDI 5 it would be great to know if there are any plans to bring NDI Bridge, Remote and Audio Direct Tools to MacOS (and maybe iOS too considering the potential to develop and release universal apps that work across both now).

Any news on this front from the NDI team would be really appreciated.

Take a look at the thread below this one, Audio Direct has a workaround using the NDI FCP plugin.

As for NDI Bridge and Remote, it looks that we have to wait a little more...

But the Audio Direct will come to mac as well?

And we still need to have Bridge and Remote :)

This is really a promising future!

Take a look at the thread below this one, Audio Direct has a workaround using the NDI FCP plugin.

As for NDI Bridge and Remote, it looks that we have to wait a little more...
Thanks, I did read that thread, and to be honest I was including Audio Direct for completeness as it’s not the most significant port of my workflow but I can see it’s usefulness. Also the workaround is a bit clunky as not everyone has FCP or wants to have to run it alongside everything else they might be running on the same machine.

The key one I want to see is NDI Remote.

Do we have official confirmation from Newtek that Remote will be coming for Mac? If so could you point me to where this has been stated?

Thanks, I did read that thread, and to be honest I was including Audio Direct for completeness as it’s not the most significant port of my workflow but I can see it’s usefulness. Also the workaround is a bit clunky as not everyone has FCP or wants to have to run it alongside everything else they might be running on the same machine.

The key one I want to see is NDI Remote.

Do we have official confirmation from Newtek that Remote will be coming for Mac? If so could you point me to where this has been stated?
Nothing yet... it feels like mac users have been kinda left behind on NDI 5. Honestly, not only on NDI 5, but even with other tools that for a while now have been lacking some stuff in macos versions, while windows got all the features :/

I'm bumping this, one year later, anyone knows of a timeframe for bringing this to MAC? Specifically the Bridge app? Are we to assume since it's been so long that it will never get done or is there still hope?

I'm bumping this, one year later, anyone knows of a timeframe for bringing this to MAC? Specifically the Bridge app? Are we to assume since it's been so long that it will never get done or is there still hope?
If you are serious about this type of functionality on macOS, Sienna's Cloud for NDI has been available for macOS (and Ubuntu) since 2016 and could be seen as a functional template for NDI Bridge, although with some additional functionality and a more centralised management mechanism. Not Free.

Also, a new Sienna app : Audio Connect might be of interest:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ndi-audio-connect/id1643970027…

Last edited:
Bumping this again.
Is there a technical reason NDI Bridge (and then NDI Remote) continues to be a void in conversation or progress in making available to OSX?

Reason: NDI tools are written to require non-OSX. Everything about Bridge and Remote are suggesting installation of Windows on the OSX machine. This is a workaround, not a roadmap/development update. And this disrupts the workflow in far too many ways. Is this a brand or marketing or copyright blocker? Or is this a technical blocker waiting on a specific technology that is not arrived yet?

Where is this discussion being held?

Is (or is not?) NDI Bridge being developed for OSX?
Is (or is not?) NDI Remote being developed for OSX?

Where are we at with this? (or) Or who would be developing this? (or) Why is this not being developed for OSX?

It’s true that the offerings for various platforms do differ. They always have, actually, which is why they aren’t always named identically. For a number of very good reasons, it is our policy not to make promises or discuss future development plans until they are announced. We very much appreciate your interest in expanding NDI support, though.

Back