NDI®|HX PTZ3 Impressed, but want more!

JAS378378

I am impressed with the NDI®|HX PTZ3 camera but I want more in a future version! I am looking for support of:
1- 4K
2- Wi-Fi 6E
3- Wireless Microphone base. (This one may not be possible due to vendor incompatibilities.)

"Video Formats" listed:
1080p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24,1080i: 59.94, 50
720p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25

"Video Formats" listed:
1080p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24
1080i: 59.94, 50
720p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25

Bummer no 4K but the PTZ3 still looks like an awesome camera! Great job NewTek, exciting new hardware again.

My OOBE or Out of Box experience with the NDI®|HX PTZ3 Camera:
  • Overall, it functions on par with my PTZOptics camera I have, with a few exceptions.
  • My trouble with Newtek is the lack of documentation and software in the box and onsite! In the box you will find only two identical 3x5” cards saying “NewTek Hello! Lets Get Started. To get me connected to your network, you need to grab a quick download. You will find it here: http://new.tk/PTZ3Info
    The problem with that site is all of NewTek’s PTZ cameras are covered or supported with software and documentation with the exception of the NDI®|HX PTZ3 Camera I just bought! Why have a link specifically for it and not even mention it on the website your directed to?
    Also, on those 3x5” cards, it says “Write your Serial Number below and hold on to this card.” Well, the problem here is the “Serial Number” is not on the box, nor on the NDI®|HX PTZ3 Camera. Surprisingly, in playing with the camera using the “NDI Studio Monitor” and clicking the ⛮ gear icon in the bottom right corner, it took me to the “NDI-PTZ3 Camera Login” where I guessed the correct default “Username” and “Password.” Once in and navigating to “Administration” well low and behold there was a section entitled “Serial Number.” Now I finally had something to write on those 3x5” cards. While there under “Audio/Video Settings > Encoding” I could then switch from the default H.264 to HEVC “Encoding Mode”
  • Photographers cast light on their subjects or items. The NDI®|HX PTZ3 Camera somehow picks up some hallo where the PTZOptics does not. I find myself trying to compensate for this.
  • The sending sound through XLR audio connection is great and much cleaner then my PTZOptics!

Does not work with computer having Qualcomm Arm processors, like Microsoft's Surface Pro X series. That is because NDI is not yet developed to support those processors. My other PTZ camaras support both NDI and the ONVIF protocol, thus I get more options.

I think this other post from the same member probably answers your question (btw, I've referred these comments to CS, and expect they will look into the report).

Back