Mirroring Live Desktop on 2 monitors

Aqueum

Hi, is there a way to mirror the Live Desktop on 2 monitors?

I'm using a TriCaster Mini Advanced HD-4hdmi with monitors attached to its bottom two mini display ports. By default the first monitor to turn on seems to get the Live Desktop, and while I can select various options for the second, none of them is the a second copy of the Live Desktop that I need. The use-case is when I'm on screen, I generally do my own switching live. At more complex events our audio engineer is on standby in the control room in case I forget a transition - so we both need to see the Live Desktop.

The TriCaster is very dependent on how the GPU is configured to operate correctly. It might not allow for this kind of configuration. I'd recommend getting a HDMI splitter if you need a copy of the same display in two locations.

Not sure if this works for the live desktop and on you TC Version, but you could enable the reentry the NDI of the Tricaster Multiviewers from the start menu and attach it to an input and put it in fullscreen on another multiviewer.

Yep,
and this is where you find this (and enable KVM control via your LAN; default=OFF !), if your Mini Adv HD-4i (HDMI) indeed does support this feature.

1712302054776.png

Thanks all, I’ll give this a go. Just to check I understand: the idea is that I use the NDI share of my KVM live desktop as if it was an NDI camera and feed to one of my main inputs, which I then set to monitor via my second mini display port. Cute.

ahmm no ...,
what you will get when you enable KVM on a (supported) Tricaster you will get each ´active´ TC GPU port as a ´Multiview-X´ NDI stream on your production network. Your ´standby´ person in control room can then select (remote) the Multiview1 = TC UI within NDI Tools Studio Monitor App -> enable KVM in App-> and now can control the TC UI from this his Laptop as like sitting (=you) in front of the system.

In short - remote production workflow via NDI ;)

Or, if this is what your looking for, he can just look in his room on the TC UI (Full screen) without KVM enabled in Studio Monitor App, (or you do not enable Full remote control = Monitor only in TC KVM menue option). and he just gives you a note you missed something in these ´more complex events´

Last edited:
Ah, OK - we're actually already doing the KVM route into the studio, @kanep previously said that was the recommended way to remotely control the Tricaster. The reason we have a second monitor (on a very long HDMI lead) in the studio is if I run in late for an online meeting, I can't boot up the Tricaster & enter the password over KVM - it's also nice to have a backup to KVM when I'm running solo. It seemed a shame to tie up an entire extra PC in the control room when the Tricaster is sat in there with 3 unused mini display ports...

got it,
then you indeed can select Multiview1=UI in one of your inputs and select this as source for this (HDMi) GPU (full screen) multiview Mini Display port, right?

actually even easier just select Multiview1 from your local unit

And you still need to enable NDI KVM on the TC Session Home screem to make this avaiable in your network / pick GPU port output up again from TC itself for your worflow, as described above.

Last edited:
... I'm using a TriCaster Mini Advanced HD-4hdmi with monitors attached to its bottom two mini display ports. ....

Now I´m getting a bit confused:
Mini Advanced HD-4 HDMI model is for me one of the earliers Mini (e.g. EOS back in 2019) and these had no NVidia GPU MIni display ports, as far as I do remember. Just one ´regular´ Display Port and one HDMI port - or so?

Do you have instead a ´newer´ Mini-X (Win11) with 4 HDMI video outputs + indeed 4 Mini GPU Display ports from the build in Nvidia?

Last edited:
@Viz Forum Moderator,

Are these (past) 4 mails from Antonioene, starting on Tuesday, indeed real, or some kind of ´Spam Mails´ instead ?!

Back