Macro: Zoom out PTZ for a specific amount of time

danielols3n

Hi!

I am trying to achieve an automatic zoom out with a PTZ camera using a macro.

I want to zoom out from a position, for about 10 seconds, and then continue with the rest of the macro.

I have tried to use two positions; one near shot and one for a wider shot and then select the preset with a preset speed of 1 % in the PTZ menu, but it won't fade slowly outwards.
I have also tried to set the zoom value to -0.0001 and then delay the next step for 600 frames, but it still won't work.

Do anyone have tips on how to achieve this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Hi danielols3n,

What is your camera model? Does that camera support your requested movement? AFAIK Newtek recalls settings on the camera. If the cam doesn't support this, it probably might not work. E.g. your cams minimum speed is 3 seconds the TC won't interpolerate the missing time.
Make sure you have set your cams speed internally to the lowest value - and give it a try.

One point to learn how it might work, record a macro in which you manually zoom out. After the recording, have a look how values change during time (if they do).

Best from Germany!

Thanks for the reply, camera-chris.com!

We're using the NewTek NDI HX cameras.

I will definitely try to record and see how the values change.

I will also try to set the lowest value on the camera settings! Thanks!

Do you know if the preset speed in TC will override the preset speed stored in the camera when triggering presets from TC?

Again, thanks for your help!

Greetings from Norway😊

Back