Macro: tags on clips, or an alternative approach?

editingfx

Goal is to be able to add clips to a DDR in any order, and have macro select clip by name (or tag?). That way the clip sequencing in the ddr doesn't need to be in a particular order.

The 2 options for selecting a clip in a macro are
  1. _select_clip : use the ddr indices of the clips, so that's opposite my goal
  2. _select_clips_by_tag : uses tags
Don't see an option for selecting a clip by name. So tags, ok. It appears the only way to create a tag for a clip is via a macro ( _set_clip_tag) (index, tag). But when I try this command, using (1|N) for sample index|tag in the command Value field, and then try to select by tag in a subsequent macro, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm thinking create a bunch of "pregame" macros to tag clips for their intended use and then a set of "live" macros to run them. eg; macro "Set as Generic Capper" after importing the capper clip, then "Generic Capper" during the game.

Feedback / help on creating the tag? Thanks!

Here are the macro command I tried and I was able to set and select a clip via tags.

Set tag1 on the third clip in DDR3:
1709759040310.png

Select tag1 clips in DDR3:
1709759085037.png

Thanks Kane, yeah, my mistake was trying to set both values in the Value field with a | separator. eg, in your example, I put "2|tag1" in the Value field following the command. Seemed from current manual that was the method, obviously not!

Thanks a lot!

Back