Issues with attempting to control a NDI HX UHD on a Mac

oakcardinal

I work for a small music production company and I am attempting to integrate a NDI HX UHD camera into our theater. However, I have run into issues with getting it to work and seem to have hit a troubleshooting wall.

Currently the general system is set up like this:

Cameras are plugged in thru an hdmi into an ATEM mini pro, which then outputs to both a monitor and a Mac which then uses OBS to broadcast. The other three cameras in the system are stationary, which the NDIHX being the only PTZ.

My company wants to be able to operate the NDI HX from the computer so we can use its PTZ functions. However, we have not been successful. I have it plugged via ethernet into the Mac, and I have installed the drivers and the NDI Tools suite. When I open the NDI Video Monitor, I can select the camera, and it shows up as an input, complete with an IP address (192.168.100.168, chan 1) but the screen is black and I cannot use PTZ Controls with it.

However, the camera is outputting an HDMI video signal to the ATEM mini pro just fine.

I have also tried to add the camera to OBS and use a PTZ plugin to operate it, but I cannot seem to connect it.

This camera was donated and did not come with the remote so I cannot check the PTZ functions that way.

We also have a Tricaster mini that I was thinking of operating it thru if that is the only solution (if it does work), but would prefer direct Mac control.

Also, the Output Switch is set to B, but I tried nearly every single other output switch setting with no luck.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

What model of UHD camera? Some of these cameras might use HEVC encoding, which means that the Mac needs to support hardware HEVC decoding (which depending on the GPU in the Mac, it may not support).

Back