I would like to get information regarding the arraignment of NDI decompressed data in the memory.

abhi_kr

I am an FPGA design engineer.I have the NDI reference design provided by the platform.I want to change the display interface from HDMI to SDI .
In order to do that i might need to know about the memory address space and the way in which the decompressed video is stored in the memory.
So that i can retrieve the data and plug it in to the SDI interface properly.Where can i find such interface.
Whether the Software side have any information.

The in memory layout depends on the video format. 4:2:2 is standard UYVY, but 4:2:0 is a non-standard format with the chroma interleaved with luma at the macroblock level (eg: 16 pixels of Y followed by 8 pixels of C (r or b). The best source for details is the source code in PixelPack.vhd and PixelPlay.vhd, which are responsible for recording and playing back the raw video images in the example designs.

The in memory layout depends on the video format. 4:2:2 is standard UYVY, but 4:2:0 is a non-standard format with the chroma interleaved with luma at the macroblock level (eg: 16 pixels of Y followed by 8 pixels of C (r or b). The best source for details is the source code in PixelPack.vhd and PixelPlay.vhd, which are responsible for recording and playing back the raw video images in the example designs.
Thank you.Will go through the same.

Back