Create Virtual Sets using Photoshop without VSE

Hi Dustin,

Based on your TriCaster you may support 4 source LiveSets. If that is the case, you can select the standard TriCaster 4-Layer LiveSet and composite that way.

It would stack with a solid background image, then a gradient for the talent layer (keyable), then a PNG with transparency for the foreground layer (something like a desk). You would still have one additional layer that you could use for a monitor source or other foreground object.

You can also do this with the DSK's in an ME.

Note that this wouldn't have any of the shadows or reflections that help to make a LiveSet look more real, but it could be usable in a pinch.

Get back to me if you need any more detail - be happy to help.

-john

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. We are installing a TriCaster in the next month and looking for a virtual set designer to create several sets. Does anyone know a good place/person to do that or are one themselves? Let us know. Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. We are installing a TriCaster in the next month and looking for a virtual set designer to create several sets. Does anyone know a good place/person to do that or are one themselves? Let us know. Thank you!

Hi Kyle,

I would check these two sources:
Jose Burgos - very active here on the forums
https://forums.newtek.com/member.php?2692-joseburgos

and Tim with virtualsets.com or email him at [email protected]

Good luck!

Andrew

Can I ask whether it is possible to create our own virtual sets using 3ds MAX? If so what would we need to export these as for the Tricaster to accept them?

When I use Lightwave for making sets, I render out each piece on it's own. Desk, monitor, the set room. Everything on it's own. Then I put everything together in Photoshop, but then you still need Virtual Set Editor to assemble it for the Tricaster.

So, if I have 7 angles that are all PSD files with layers... I can then bring each one of those into VSE to create a file that works within Tricaster? If I do that one at a time, will that work? What kind of file does VSE create?

Thank you

Back