Control PTZ while having SDI in from PTZ

m4a2000

Once more into the CPU!
OK, I must be a dumb dumb for this but I have a PTZ coming in via SDI that I want to control with macros. I know the IP, but I have no idea what to select in 'PTZ Controls' for the connection.

Yes it is outputting NDI, but I get frame drops from time to time that I don't get on SDI.

The camera is a Birddog A200 Gen2.

Most cameras support VISCA, so I'd try the Sony>Ethernet option and see if that works.

It does not. I will not the port number is locked to 80 and a quick search shows VISCA uses port 52381.

I tried 10.10.X.X:52381 to see if the would override the default port and it did not.

Edit: So if I switch to PTZOptics I can change the port number and then switch back to Sony and the number will stay the same, but still no control.

Last edited:
From what I understand when the port is greyed out, it will be using the correct VISCA port (52381) despite it showing port 80. (I think it is showing the last number manually entered).

I just tried using Sony>Ethernet to control my PTZ3 which worked for control.

But I'll put in a bug report on the port number to make sure this is less confusing.

Just throwing this out there. I haven't tried controlling a camera with a macro, but I did try with the joystick. This is what I noticed. My cameras come in SDI and I have a Panasonic controller for them, but the joystick wasn't controlling any of the cameras correctly until I brought the camera in as an NDI source as well. So for example, if it was cam 1 then I made the camera NDI on an input that I wasn't using. I then was able to control that camera with the control panel joystick. I'm not sure if that would also work with a macro. Just an idea, but may not work with your situation.

Back