5.5, anyone?

I installed 5.5.0.12 on a Mac system running Wirecast and lost connectivity via NDI with the PTZ cameras inside Wirecast. I rolled back and the cameras were available again. NDI Viewer had them with 5.5.0.12 but they weren't accessible within Wirecast.

Then I updated our Tricaster machine with 5.5.0.0 and booted into a session containing PTZ cameras on NDI. The session wouldn't finish loading and stayed on a black screen. I started a new session and the interface loaded but when I tried to configure a PTZ camera via NDI the interface locked up with no keyboard or switcher control. I rolled back NDI tools and everything booted as normal.

Not sure if there is something buggy in 5.5 on two different systems that is causing NDI connected cameras to become unavailable?

I don't have a ready explanation, but have been running 5.5 versions pretty much all of this year, and have an NDI PTZ cam connected to my TC.

After upgrading to 5.5, ProPresenter was crashing on a Mac.

Crashed Thread: 65 [NDIHX] Device connection thread

So I went through my NDI Studio Monitor to rule out which device causing it and found it to be my Sony SRG-X120 PTZ camera. It would crash Studio Monitor.

**edited** Support got me a 5.1.2.9 version and now I'm back in action

Attachments

• ndi crash.jpg
    ndi crash.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I'm also having problems with NDI 5.5 with vMix 25. I can't find a link to the previous version of NDI tools. Can anyone help?
Or, for that matter, release notes ...

Extremely disappointed with 5.5 and 5.5.1

My definition of “Zoom Bombing” (Microsoft Teams as well) is “the presentation of anything on screen that a host or cohost did not choose or intend to display and that originated from an unauthorized source.” I consider the displaying of the NDI trademark, happening when I switch cameras in Zoom or Teams and when I “Start Video” or turn “Camera” on, to be Zoom/Teams Bombing.

This started in Zoom version 5.0.3.0 and was fixed or at least it stopped happening in version 5.0.10.1, now, in version 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 it is back!

Host and cohost should not have to entertain comments or questions about NDI in their presentations! That is a huge distraction!

My definition of “Zoom Bombing” (Microsoft Teams as well) is ...
You've reported this before. I find it annoying as well, and have recommended it be revised. Until such time as this might occur, I can only suggest patience.

I know you've reported otherwise, but I really don't recall this ever having been different in any remotely recent build. This is not a 5.5 'feature', as such. If your experience has been different, you might think about rolling back.

I appreciate your response and understanding. Regarding rolling back, I never saved the .exe installation file. How might I roll back to NDI 5.1.4 now? I do not wish to be totally negative about 5.5.1, it and the associated SDK, have many great new or improved features. Like the new “AudI/O or NDI FreeAudio,” and “NDI Router.” They are powerful additions that I enjoy using! Even the improved “NDI Audio Direct” and “NDI Webcam” with its quad camera selection are welcomed features along with many others. Yet that NDI trademark should be seen only when the program opens and/or closes, not during Zoom/Teams presentations. Also, why was this never an issue on the NDI versions I have used on Apple iMacs’? Why only on Windows?

Also liked the NDI Launcher's new "Launch at System Startup" feature. Before I had to manually set up through Windows to have that done. Now its just a mouse click in a checkbox!

Found .exe installation file for version 5.1.4.0 and rolled back to it. There is no NDI registered trademark Zoom/Teams Bombing happening with it. Will live with that for now.

Had high hopes that 5.5 would fix an issue that dates back to approx. Nov 21. When NDI is installed an using Premiere Pro to be able to use content recorded on Tricaster Mini I have an issue. When a project is open for a few minutes and want to either import or export, Premiere will freeze to a point that the only way to close it is to go to task manager. I then can open the project an import or export whatever I was attempting to do. After a few more minutes...same thing! I have removed NDI and Premiere Works with no issues. I've been on multiple calls with Adobe Tech support and no solution except remove the "Third Party Software" . So , no help from Adobe.!!
So far the only solution is to deal with this workflow or remove NDI and Export out the TriCaster into a format Premiere Pro can handle.

Can anyone offer any thoughts? I'm out of ideas!!

Are these native NDI recordings you are working with in Premiere? Or some other format? Are you copying both the .mov and .mov.ndi files to the Premiere system?

I use NDI with Premiere all the time and I don't have issues with freezing on import or export. This is Premiere running on a Windows PC.

Remote is now behaving strangely for me...
I can connect to a remote camera just once, after that it refuses to connect. Like it knows the IP and refuses to link as if it's a threat.

anyone else?

Remote is now behaving strangely for me...
I can connect to a remote camera just once, after that it refuses to connect. Like it knows the IP and refuses to link as if it's a threat.

anyone else?
I heard this morning that IT is working to address some related issues - sorry. :(

After upgrading to 5.5, ProPresenter was crashing on a Mac.

Crashed Thread: 65 [NDIHX] Device connection thread

So I went through my NDI Studio Monitor to rule out which device causing it and found it to be my Sony SRG-X120 PTZ camera. It would crash Studio Monitor.

**edited** Support got me a 5.1.2.9 version and now I'm back in action
baconzoo --
How did you connect with Support? I've a customer who, I believe, needs that older version in order to work around some apparent issues with 5.5.
Is there a repository of the older software version or is that only something accessible through Support?

Back