X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video_url in STV_Messages VLC plugin

Hi
    I am trying to get a video playing through the Viz Social
    I have set up the scene to get from a YouTube source and can preview the videos in the Feed Streamer, the author, title, contributor etc... pass to the datapool containers, and on the container I have the VLC plugin along with a data parameter which is set to FUNCTION Function Name = VLC parameter name = inputMedia and nothing.. I am not sure if it is my source from the feed streamer or my software needs updating, I am on 1.1.0.1536 feedstreamer

using the VLC if I put the url of the media from Youtube it plays through the plugin also I have assigned my media folder and get files written there but they are EXXtraShooppEr type.
    I have a similar setup to Ita's demo on the VizRT training site.
    Thanks
    Dale

can you please upload an archive of the scene?

Comment

video using VLC

Hi Leslie
      I have uploaded 2 scenes one using the video_url as the variable this was not working for me I was not getting any values, not sure if it was my source, I tried only selecting twitter/vine videos.
      I then tried looking at the title and using the http recognizer and passing that as a variable to the VLC inputMedia and that worked, but I am assuming that this is streaming from the web and not downloading the media to the engine for playout.
      Thanks
      Dale
      Attached Files

Comment

Changed source from feedstreamer

Hi I tried Kin community and the video_url is working. I think my original source was not correct or did not have video.
        One question when the link happens is the video saved and transferred to the playout engine? Our on-air engines are not connected to the outside only external content comes from our VizSocial plugin.
        Dale

Comment

Working...
        X