Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script issues in TL

Hi all,

I have a script that controls directors in a templated scene that runs in TL. It plays a couple of times correctly then fails then plays correctly then fails and so on. The object in the B subcontainer in the toggle is the one that won't play consistently.

Example:

if videoLevel.Geometry.Text ="0" then
    System.SendCommand(system.MainScene.LocationPath & "*FUNCTION*DataPool*Data SET NAMEKEY_CONFIG=1")
    println("OFF OFF PLAY CONFIG 1")
    else
    System.SendCommand(system.MainScene.LocationPath & "*FUNCTION*DataPool*Data SET NAMEKEY_CONFIG=2")
    println("OFF OFF PLAY CONFIG 2")
    end if

(The printline is showing that the correct play command is sent and I don't see any errors in console)

The datapool is for an action table that controls the directors in the scene with command such as:

0 $(SCENE)*STAGE*DIRECTOR*$SNGL_LINE SHOW F4; 0 $(SCENE)*STAGE*DIRECTOR*$SNGL_LINE CONTINUE;

I've also tried controlling the directors in the script but I get the same result.

Is there a way to get this to work in TL?

Thanks.

DataPool and TL is a pain in the butt, what are you trying to do, step by step? Its easier to come up with a sollution to your problem instead of debugging a nonworking one.
    1. I have a variable videoLevel being controlled by a control text
    2. If my Geometry videoLevel.Geometry.Text ="0" then I want to
    3. Send a variable NAMEKEY_CONFIG=1 (no point sending another variable)
    4. The variable sends continue to a director named SNGL_LINE from F4 if my variable is 0
    5. I want the variable to continue a director named DBL_LINE from F4 if my variable is 1
    You could do an action keyframe set to run on the toggle director. The keyframe is just a buttonpush on a scripted button. The script holds the logic for the director control. If variable is A then do B etc.

Comment

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply. How my TL and foreground scenes work is a text field (in the example it is videoLevel) will present a certain variable which it receives from another call-up Page A on a toggle in the default scene, from this:

1. Page B is loaded on another toggle
      2. Page B directors are paused except for main director that triggers script via keyframe
      3. Script in Page B reads value of "videoLevel" from Page A then sets a datapool value for an action table
      4. Action table controls playback (there are several different playback options required in Page B)

Alternative version without datapool:

1. Page B is loaded on another toggle
      2. Page B directors are paused except for main director that triggers script via keyframe
      3. Script in Page B reads value of "videoLevel" from Page A
      4. Script controls directors

I've tested both of these options and Page B directors play correctly. My problem is that the object in the Page B toggle will run the script but only run the directors every other time or if I take out the page and run it again.

Comment

can you send me an archive?

Comment

I decided to move my foreground graphic elements into the background scene and control the font with script and datapool. The director script still works the same way but since the elements are in the background I don't have issues with alternating playback.

I may circle back to this if I get some time and I can post an archive of the problematic version but I'm really behind right no - situation normal...

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X