Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian White
    replied
    Assuming that in your template you have a StoryImporter with an OnStoryData event Sub() something like this:
    Code:
    Sub StoryImporter1StoryData(Sender, Data)
        if Data.Count > 0 then
            Name.UTF8Text = Data.Strings(0)
        end if
        if Data.Count > 1 then
            Title.UTF8Text = Data.Strings(1)
        end if
    End sub
    If your template has an external id, then you can create VCP data elements from this template using the VCP command templates:create_data_element
    eg.

Code:
    VcpCommand("templates:create_data_element 10000 Test_Name_Strap Some Name/And a Title")
    Where:
    10000 is the template's External Id
    "Test_Name_Strap" is the save name of the data element created
    "Some Name" is the first data item sent to the template ( ie. Data.Strings(0) in above example)
    "/" is the data item separator
    "And a Title" is the 2nd data item sent to the template ( ie. Data.Strings(1))

You can call VCP commands in templates, VCP macros, or externally.

Leave a comment:

• Shotski2
    replied
    Thanks Lars,

I saw the same documentation but it does not show how to feed the data. Oh well, not a loss but just looking at different ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Lars Henriksen
    replied
    I would suggest one of the older documentations for VTW which was quite elaborate, but since we recently upgraded I dont have it anymore. In 5.7 there was in C:\Programfiles(x86)\vizrt\Viz Content Pilot 5.7\Documentation\VTW\Introduction.html
    Look here, maybe that can help: http://docs.vizrt.com/viz-pilot-guid...component.html

Leave a comment:

• Shotski2
    started a topic TStory Importer

TStory Importer

Hello All,

Has anyone used the TStoryImporter plugin in Template Wizard to feed data? Seems interesting but cant seem to get it working. There is documentation but its very vague as to how to get it working.

Thanks All,
    Shotski
Working...
X