Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Dynamic scene in Template Wizard

Hello All,

Has anyone tried to change the scene in a Dynamic scene via Template wizard?

Basically i have a drop down menu with the scene paths that when chosen will load the scene into the Dynamic Scene plugin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shotski

Im assembling something for you. ill upload it later

Comment

This is how i use it. Hope it helps https://www.dropbox.com/s/udlktgdw0b...ntrol.zip?dl=0

Comment

Hi Lars,

Where does the plugin go? I put it in the Viz3 plugin folder but when i restart Artist i don't see it.

Comment

i have it in c:\Program Files (x86)\vizrt\Viz3\plugin and im running Viz 3.8.3 but it was the same folder in 3.6

Comment

That is exactly where i have it, but when i call up the scene you sent, it gives me an error that the plugin is missing. Can you tell me what the plugin is called in Artist so i can do a search to add it to the scene?

Comment

This is the script i am using to trigger the dynamic scene change. It works in Artist just fine. I can change the location of the scene and it changes in the dynamic scene but it does not work in Transition Logic in Pilot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shotski.

sub Start()
              dim CC as container = findsubcontainer("ClipLoc")
              dim CCLOC as string
              CCLOC = CC.geometry.text
              println CCLOC

dim dynId as string = System.SendCommand("#" & Scene.FindContainer("CLIP").Texture.VizId & "*IMAGE*OBJECT_ID GET")

System.SendCommand(dynId & "*DYNAMIC*SUBSCENE*SCENE SET " & CCLOC)

dim SceneName as string = SendCommand("-1 MAIN_SCENE*TREE*$CLIP*TEXTURE*IMAGE*DYNAMIC*SUBSCENE*SCENE GET")
              SendCommand(SceneName & "*STAGE START")
              end sub

Comment

Its in Built Ins/Default/SyncScene.
                Try something like this. I havent tried the code but this is a method I use if its for TL.
                If you want to use it with TL then make a RegisterParameterContainer in your leafpage. The container you put in that placeholder should have a fixed reference in your scene like your topmost <object> container. Drag that over to the scriptplaceholder and refer to this container in your script so that you have a fixed path in the leafscene regardless if this scene gets made into an object and put in the masterscenes toggle. if your topmost container is the object container then address everything to pointing back to that.

dim cRoot as Container = GetParameterContainer("object")
                dim CC as Container = cRoot.FindSubcontainer("ClipLoc")
                dim CCLOC as string
                CCLOC = CC.geometry.text
                println CCLOC

dim dynId as string = System.SendCommand("#" & cRoot.FindSubcontainer("CLIP").Texture.VizId & "*IMAGE*OBJECT_ID GET")

System.SendCommand(dynId & "*DYNAMIC*SUBSCENE*SCENE SET " & CCLOC)

dim SceneName as string = SendCommand("-1 MAIN_SCENE*TREE*$CLIP*TEXTURE*IMAGE*DYNAMIC*SUBSCENE*SCENE GET")
                SendCommand(SceneName & "*STAGE START")
                end sub

Comment

Working...
                X