Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novacane89
    replied
    Also as a side note... If your excel is in trial version it also won't work, Personally i use C# and visual studio to extract data from Excel sheets / SQL databases / online HTML pages , Parse them and then send them to Viz Engine Via Shared memory using UDP/TCP protocol, The viz scene can have a viz script that gets triggered OnSharedMemoryVariableChanged to display new data even whilst on-air, You can also use a Vizscript button that is animated in the stage that would trigger the .exe when the graphic animates in, The .exe is what was created with C# Visual Studio

Leave a comment:

• Alipta
    replied
    Lars Henriksen I had excel in my system and today morning I had installed Microsoft Access Data Engine 2010. After installing the Access Data Engine when I am trying to open the File provided by ravisharma viz is crashing. Attaching the error which is coming at excel on saving/clicking on load button.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lars Henriksen
    replied
    do you have excell and adodb installed on that engine?

Leave a comment:

• Alipta
    replied
    ravisharma Thanks for you help. I tried with your file. I have changed the values of your excel but it is showing some error. I am attaching the snap with this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ravisharma
    replied
    Use DataReader plugin. Call its Load button in Left Button Down event. Check this VIA file and Excel sheet for accessing Excel using DataReader. And keep in mind the last line from Lars.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lars Henriksen
    replied
    i would reccommend you to either have a script that parse your excel and push the data to shared memory so that when you click it has the data available and not having to fetch it first. On touchscreen you dont want too much delay.

Leave a comment:

• Alipta
    replied
    Lars Henriksen Thanks for your help. But problem is different. I am going to use excel for a touch screen project. I have to import data on a click. If you need I can send you my files.

Leave a comment:

• Lars Henriksen
    replied
    Have a look at this post http://forum.vizrt.com/forum/viz-art...rt-using-excel

Leave a comment:

• Alipta
    started a topic EXCEL LINKING

EXCEL LINKING

I want to link data from excel rows to vizrt. What is the process of doing this? I have tried vdt dataimport plugin. It is reading data from particular column but not from rows. Also it is not working on viz 3.8 where as it is fetching data in viz 3.6.

I have tried to link through datareader plugin but it is not populating the data.
Working...
X