tree navigation in TL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree navigation in TL

Hi, I am wanting to retrieve a text field out of the a & b containers in transition logic, specifically the inactive side. Can you navigate into merged geometry? My script doesn't seem to be retrieving correctly, If you can, what is the method?

Thanks!

I know you are able to do it via Tree Commands. Have you tried something like this? But replacing the FUNCTION*Omo part with getting the text?

RENDERER*TREE*$S$F1$S,F1,B$other$object$contributorSel*FUNCTION*Omo*vis_con SET 1;
    RENDERER*TREE*$S$F1$S,F1,A$other$object$contributorSel*FUNCTION*Omo*vis_con SET 1;
    RENDERER*TREE*$S$F1$S,F1,B$other$object$contributorSel*FUNCTION*Omo*vis_con SET 1;
    RENDERER*TREE*$S$F1$S,F1,A$other$object$contributorSel*FUNCTION*Omo*vis_con SET 1;

Also, change the Tree structure to fit your background scene.

Comment

One of the biggest advantages of using the ezLogic plugin to create your transition logic scenes is that everything is managed from one scene, so you can use viz scripts easily without having to worry about merged objects of getting the A or B containers www.erizos.tv/ezLogic

Comment

You can use
        Code:
        Sub GetContainerAndSubContainers([out] v as Array[Container], traverseMergedGeometries as Boolean)
        where you set traverseMergedGeometries to true. Then you can access that container as the element of the array.

You might find
        Code:
         MergedChildContainer as Container [read-only]
        and
        Code:
        MergedParentContainer as Container [read-only]
        of use.

These are all part of Container base type.

Comment

Dim data as string
          data = this.MergedChildContainer.GetFirstChildContainer.geometry.text
          ^ below script accesses a merged first child container under container with script, and accesses the font geometry as first child container in the merged container and gets the current text inside it

Comment

Working...
          X