Welcome to TriCaster Tips and Tricks

Paul Lara

It's ALL about the light
This forum is for you to share your discoveries and real-world workflows with fellow TriCaster producers. This is also for testimonials explaining how TriCaster saved the day in a tight spot.

Using VCR's ADD Files Button for File Import and Management, in LIVE Production

This forum is for you to share your discoveries and real-world workflows with fellow TriCaster producers. This is also for testimonials explaining how TriCaster saved the day in a tight spot.
OK, Thanks, Paul. I'll bite first, with this.

You're currently in the LIVE PRODUCTION section of, say -- TriCaster STUDIO, and you wish to copy or import files from an external media drive (e.g., via Firewire or USB connnection) but you'd prefer to not have to leave LIVE PRODUCTION to get to the Admin panel, then back -- just to take care of some file management routines before getting back to switching duties.

VCR's ADD media button to the rescue. Click on a VCR's ADD button (in the VCR I/O section) to access what is equivalent in many respects, to the Captured Files Bin inside CAPTURE MEDIA -- or the Media Bin inside EDIT MEDIA.

There, in the VCR's ADD files window, you can create new folders, copy, cut and paste files -- including doing so between external USB and Firewire hard drives and flash media -- and the d:\ partition of TriCaster. When done, simply click CLOSE in the lower-right portion of the ADD FILES window.

In summary, utilizing the VCR's ADD files button to access and manage your external and TriCaster-based media virtually eliminates the need to jump back and forth between modules, or having to go to Windows Explorer via the Admin panel.
Q1

Last edited:
Hi i am a new member of this forum,
I just want to ask a question about audio on a tricaster, if I found that the is a lot of HUMS sound, so how do you get over it.

Hi i am a new member of this forum,
I just want to ask a question about audio on a tricaster, if I found that the is a lot of HUMS sound, so how do you get over it.
You're in the wrong forum (and wrong thread) for this sort of question. I'd suggest either Troubleshooter or General Discussion.

Back