Weird PTZ1 lockup issue

ND_EdTech

Hi! I have a dozen PTZ1 cameras, and have an issue that didn't appear to be discussed here yet (I looked through all the threads so I don't duplicate).

The video from the camera freezes after a period of time - we're talking an hour or more typically - and I have to power cycle the camera to get it back. It isn't just the NDI feed; it's the HDMI out as well. The motor controls work just fine using the IR remote, and I can turn the camera off. But I can't turn it back on - it just stays in standby unless I power cycle it.

• It behaves the same whether connected to a network or not;
  • It behaves the same whether powered by PoE+ or the included 12v supply;
  • It freezes on all outputs (NDI + HDMI), as mentioned above;
  • It behaved the same with software VHR118 and VHR120p (I just updated in hopes of a fix).

I figured it was something with my network, my switch, or even my 460. I took it from one studio to another and swapped it out with a different camera, on a different network, connected to a TC1. Same thing. Now I have it on the bench, connected to a display by HDMI and powered by 12v, and am watching it do it again.

It seems like a random interval...in fact, it survived overnight last night and was working when I came in this morning. Unfortunately it froze shortly thereafter.

Have any of you seen this, or know of a fix? Unfortunately firmware didn't cut it.

Thanks!

And they all (or many of them) do this? Have you written a bug case? If not, and particularly if they do this when not connected to a network, please do so.

If it is also happening on the HDMI/SDI output, I doubt it is the network. Does this happen on all of the cameras you have or just specific units? What if you only connect a camera via HDMI output only?

Thanks, guys. This happens with just the one camera. I have six in my big training room, four in my studio, and three in my remote gear. This one particular camera is in my remote gear.

As stated above, it happens on NDI and physical outputs. With or without network connectivity. PoE or 12v.

Clint

I'd contact support. If it is just this single camera, there has to be something wrong with it. PTZ1 cameras have a two year warranty.

ANy udpate?

Thanks, guys. This happens with just the one camera. I have six in my big training room, four in my studio, and three in my remote gear. This one particular camera is in my remote gear.

As stated above, it happens on NDI and physical outputs. With or without network connectivity. PoE or 12v.

Clint

Any update on this, folks? I have the same issue but am not within the warranty period.

Thanks,

Chad

There is a VHR121F firmware available, I'd make sure you are updated with that to start with.

Beyond that, I'd contact support to verify that the camera is out of warranty. If the output of the HDMI/SDI is also freezing, I don't really know what would cause that. Does it happen if you change the camera to another output video format?

The NDI and HDMI are definitely affected. I don't have an SDI monitor to check that. The only "Fix" at the moment is to remove power manually by removing the power cable or PoE Ethernet cable and power up again. I do have VHR121f installed.

Thank you.

Chad

Hi there, any updates on that matter?
We have one PTZUHD provided by our Newtek Reseller while the one we bought arrives, and I noticed the very same behavior, it freezes from time to time, sometimes an hour sometimes less.
I noticed that sometimes by moving it via PTZ on the browser or TC2 wakes the video up, but yesterday I had to power it off and on again by unplugging the network cable.
Any ideas?

Back