Stand-alone graphics workstation network setup with Tricaster TC1

MCWNH

Hoping I am posting in the right place, please correct me if not!

Situation: former video engineer in the analog days turned IT pro decades ago, suddenly faced with a TriCaster TC1 that I am supposed to integrate with a standalone workstation on the same network running LiveText and Virtual Set Editor for working on these projects and importing them directly into the TriCaster (vs. using the workstation as an NDI input source).

Pulling out remaining hair trying to figure out how to get the files created in either of those apps into the TriCaster across the network. Can’t seem to find any standard workflow for this in any documentation. I’ve played with mapping shared network drives and other standard stuff, but there’s gotta be a simple solution or documentation out there I’m missing that doesn’t involve sneaker net.

As an IT oldie and a TriCaster newbie, I have the feeling it gets down to the difference between where projects live vs. exported files and their file types.

Any suggestions (other than get another job!) appreciated - I need to get this done within the next week or declare the desired workflow impossible to the powers-that-be. What they want is for producers and others to be able to create new graphics and/or update existing ones at this standalone workstation without tying up the TC1 itself until it's time to pull them into buffers, DDRs, etc. for each show template. Being able to do this using a network share seems like a reasonable workflow to me, but I'd like to learn what the widely-accepted best practice is.

TIA,

==Mike

Been a while since I set up standalone VSE and LT apps, but my recollection is that - if they detect a TriCaster on the same subnet, they are capable of exporting their output directly to it. (Otherwise, VSE for sure supports creating a portable 'installer' you could use; I forget whether LT has that option, but think it does ... should be in the docs).

Both of these, though, may require you to enable the TriCaster's File menu option "Share Media Folders and Buffers" to work properly. Also, TC wants to be on a Private or Work network, not Public.

Been a while since I set up standalone VSE and LT apps, but my recollection is that - if they detect a TriCaster on the same subnet, they are capable of exporting their output directly to it. (Otherwise, VSE for sure supports creating a portable 'installer' you could use; I forget whether LT has that option, but think it does ... should be in the docs).

Both of these, though, may require you to enable the TriCaster's File menu option "Share Media Folders and Buffers" to work properly. Also, TC wants to be on a Private or Work network, not Public.
Thanks! This is exactly the kind of clue I am missing for this use case, thanks. This PC sees the TriCaster on the private network (and is on the same subnet), but none of the apps do. Where is that file menu option located in the TriCaster interface?

In the session, then. Thanks for the confirmation! Will be at it again in the studio on Monday and hopefully make this happen. In the meantime, I finally found the relevant sections in the documentation, and what I was missing was that the TC needs to be in a session for it to function, it’s not global. RTFM, as usual! Just needed to know where to look. Thanks a million for the time and the screenshot.

Back