Premiere Pro Playback to Tricaster via NDI

angoliam

We are having an issue playing back an L3rd from Premiere Pro to the Tricaster 2 via NDI. The L3rd plays back just fine but at the end it goes to black. I put three L3rds separated by a short space and in each case, it goes to black between them and we can't see what's in the layer below in the tricaster. What am I doing wrong?

The areas of the Premiere timeline where there is no clip aren't invisible, but black. If you have nothing there, you will see black on the NDI output.

You can put an empty still image that is all alpha in those areas, then the NDI output will be transparent.

The areas of the Premiere timeline where there is no clip aren't invisible, but black. If you have nothing there, you will see black on the NDI output.

You can put an empty still image that is all alpha in those areas, then the NDI output will be transparent.
Thank you Kane. That is very helpful and it wasn't clear in the video.
I do have two other questions. Is this the best way to get animated lower thirds that are being sent to the Tricaster by another person. We are trying to take the load off of the director when we have 10 people on stage that need titles as quickly as possible.

The other question is when sending a L3rd MOGART from Premiere it shows blurry and if I render it in the timeline, it removes the MOGARTs transparency.
Thank you for your help with this.

Attachments

• L3rd in PP.jpg
    L3rd in PP.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
'Transparent Video' is something you can make right in Premiere. Putting that in front of the MOGART will work just like any transparent PNG with the added bonus it won't come delinked.

Attachments

• Transparent Video.png
    Transparent Video.png
    590.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back