Is there any way to always have an overlay over a specific DDR?

jack_guhl

I'm looking for a way to put an "instant replay" indicator over DDR1 so that whenever I use the instant replay function, the overlay will appear. Is there any way to do this? I'm assuming it could probably done with some complicated macro, but I don't know those super well. Any tips?

Hi Jack,
what Steve describes above are transitions right ´before and after´ your replay clip plays back from DDR.

Reading your post I think you woud like to have in addition a permanent ´replay´ graphic bug displayed too e.g. in a top corner during your replays, like TV stations doing during their sports productions.
In this case I think you will have to dive indeed a little bit into the Macro System module part of Tricaster.
But, it seems to be not complicated - I just played a bit around on this (my session user macro record) and found this kind of worklow within a short ´5 liner´ macro including turning on/off a postioned DSK for a ´replay bug´ during the slomo replay ;)

Last edited:
hi Chris,
according to my understandigs you will also need there some automation in the back to implenent this fade in/out of a 'replay' graphics bug during the selected replay playtime, and you still want/need all this just with one click for this implemented TricCaster replay feature during the still onging game for a specific highligt selected to play instantly in slomo right after an event; like you can see in our OBS based production from yesterday in Kaufering on Sportdeutschland.TV (Floorball Pokalspiel RedHocks against FC Munich) 😉

Using an M/E with a bug could work. Another method would use one DDR for replays only. It is pretty easy to automate a designated DSK (probably assigned to a buffer source) to automatically show every time that DDR is displayed, and disappear afterward. (This would also work nicely combined with the flashy transitions I mentioned earlier.)

1700405912497.png

The macros to take the designated DSK on/off look like this.

1700407478253.png

Attachments

• 1700406015146.png
    1700406015146.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back