Datalink VAR Characters

hylton

I have seen somewhere a video where a set of characters can be entered that modify any input text eg 1.001 to return a value of 1 rounding the text. I don't know where I found it but would like to see it again or learn about it. It is some sort of conditional variable. I would like to have a set of variables that if an input is less than 1 no text is shown, but if the text is 1 or more then the text is shown.

I'm not sure about a video, but I think you'll find the discussion of IIF under the sub-heading Operations and Expressions>Comparing Values in Chapter 4 of the Automation and Integration Guide helpful.

I'm not sure about a video, but I think you'll find the discussion of IIF under the sub-heading Operations and Expressions>Comparing Values in Chapter 4 of the Automation and Integration Guide helpful.
Thanks, is there a link?

The free Viz University class TriCaster Production Graphics has information on DataLink Formatting.

To here is what the key would look like (assuming the keyname is 'data', the number before the period is the minimum number of digits to display, and the number after the peroid is the number digits to display).
Code:
%data[1.0]%
That's helpful, I'm thinking any data below 1 [ie 0] is not displayed.

Back