Any tricks on how to stream a dual language from the TC Elite?

SLpolicy

I'm trying to produce a multi-language livestream from our Tri-Caster Elite 2. I've been able to route english and french audio audio feeds to separate outputs, but is there any tools / functions to route French content to that output separately as well?

The main program cut will be identical on both streams and I will planning on streaming the eng stream on Mix 1 and the french stream on Mix 2. However there is french slides/images and french video playback that are designed for the french stream. Is there a way to send the same program feed to both outputs but use a assign a separate DDR and input channel to replace the content on the second stream output while keeping both streams in sync?

Any tips / tricks will help.

Hi SLpolicy,

I thought about the same problem some time ago - but never had the chance to try it out on a real show.

I would have both languages on different M/Es (eg M/E 1 for English, M/E2 for French) and send them - for the different audio signals - via Mix1 (Master audio) and Mix2 (language audio) to the Streaming platforms.

If you link the Inputs via Color Group for switching but have DDR1 and DDR2 different - than in my opinion it should work.

There should another scenario be able to work as well: with two different M/Es for language versions (send to Mix 1 and Mix2 like above) and a Macro Variable that switches the DDR source on M/E2 when M/E1 starts playing.

Does any of those ways seem to work for you, geek guys?

Best! Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tips. I'll try linking the colour groups to start. If there's only one content source ( meaning just DDR ) I think that could work. However, we'd like to build in an option to switch from Slides ( SDI input ) to DDR as well. Maybe we can use a marco for those situations .

Much appreciated.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try linking the colour groups to start. If there's only one content source ( meaning just DDR ) I think that could work. However, we'd like to build in an option to switch from Slides ( SDI input ) to DDR as well. Maybe we can use a marco for those situations .
Your technique to linking color groupings for a single content source, DDR, appears intriguing. Including the ability to effortlessly switch between Slides (SDI input) and DDR using macros increases the versatility of your configuration. Good luck!

I'm trying to produce a multi-language livestream from our Tri-Caster Elite 2. I've been able to route english and french audio audio feeds to separate outputs, but is there any tools / functions to route French content to that output separately as well?

The main program cut will be identical on both streams and I will planning on streaming the eng stream on Mix 1 and the french stream on Mix 2. However there is french slides/images and french video playback that are designed for the french stream. Is there a way to send the same program feed to both outputs but use a assign a separate DDR and input channel to replace the content on the second stream output while keeping both streams in sync?
Accessing multi-language live streaming on the Tri-Caster Elite 2 appears complicated, but it is critical for a smooth viewer experience. Exploring solutions that allow for content replacement on the second stream output while keeping both in sync could be game changers. I wish you success in creating a professional and coordinated multilingual livestream!

Sorry, I don't get the point. "...creating a professional and coordinated multilingual livestream" means one stream with implementation of several languages and different visual contents (e.g. PPTx slides)? AFAIK there is no such a platform to receive/deliver this. But please help me to understand.

To have 2 or 3 different upstreams, the TC 1 Pro or TC2 Elite are potentially able to do so. It's depending on the abilities of the operator to switch those shows. You can do so with good preparation (e.g. Macro programming) and using additional hard- and software (e.g. StreamDeck with Companion App).
Than it is almost as complex as switching 2 (or more) PowerPoint presentations simultaneously.

If you have more streaming devices behind your TC, you can handle up to 8 languages (= 8 M/Es + Dante audio on TC2) on a single machine.
But don't try to listen to/check more than 2 outputs... 😂

Back