“Connection failure” from VSE to Tricaster

dseehof

HI,

I remember seeing or reading the solution somewhere. Almost certain Kane spoke about it in the tutorials.

I have set a password for the tricaster user and mapped the folders on the machine running VSE (or ASC for that matter). Still when trying to export directly to the tricaster I get „connection failure“.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

There are two aspects to this. Seeing the connections and performing the export.

I'm assuming that you see the systems in the list to export to. If not, then we need to know the versions of TriCaster and VSE being used. Lastest versions use NDI to identify systems, if your VSE version is tool old, it probably just needs to be updated.

If you can find systems to send to, then it comes down to Windows filesharing. From the system running VSE, open up the network and try to access the TriCaster system over the network. If it can't find it or is asking for a password, you need to resolve that issue. The locations that VSE and ASC will be accessing are Animation Stores, Frame Buffers Animations and Livesets. You need to be able to open these folders without anything popping up asking for more information.

1699479804978.png

I see the system, I can open all folders without any issue and popup and still get that same error.

Running 220403.07 of VSEAE.

I'm not sure beyond that. Can you try to write a file into one of those folders and see if it allows this action?

Back