DataCountdown plugin help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DataCountdown plugin help

Hello everyone, I would like to know how to create control texts for target day, target month and target year for a Scene that has a DataCountdown plugin.
    I need to be able to access and change these parameters in Content Pilot.

I'd appreciate any advice, many thanks!

which viz do you run, 3.x or 2.8?

Comment

Hello adishin, I'm running 3.3

Comment

Setup some text fields in your template named Days, Months, Years, Hours, Minutes, Seconds and link the text fields to the commands to use when you click a button.

Sub ClickSetClockCountdown(Days, Months, Years, Hours, Minutes, Seconds)
        buffer_put "-1 RENDERER*TREE*$COUNTDOWN*FUNCTION*DataCountdown*TargetDay SET " & Days
        buffer_put "-1 RENDERER*TREE*$COUNTDOWN*FUNCTION*DataCountdown*TargetMonth SET " & Months
        buffer_put "-1 RENDERER*TREE*$COUNTDOWN*FUNCTION*DataCountdown*TargetYear SET " & Years
        buffer_put "-1 RENDERER*TREE*$COUNTDOWN*FUNCTION*DataCountdown*TargetHour SET " & Hours)
        SCENE*YourPath*TREE*$COUNTDOWN*FUNCTION*DataCountdown*TargetMin SET " & Minutes
        SCENE*YourPath*TREE*$COUNTDOWN*FUNCTION*DataCountdown*TargetSec SET " & Seconds
        End Sub

Something like this should work

Comment

You can use ControlParameter to set Target Days,Month etc.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help guys!
            I ended up using ControlParamenter (it was easier to set up) and it worked.

Comment

Everything is working as expected on the scene.
              Now on the VCP template, I have created a DateTimePicker control so the user can select the countdown target date.
              The issue I'm having now is that I can't retrieve day or month or year from the DateTimePicker. All I get is a decimal number:

'DateTimePicker: futureDate
              'ControlParam for day: dayEdit
              'ControlParam for month: monthEdit
              'ControlParam for year: yearEdit

dayEdit.Value = futureDate.Date
              dayEdit.Text = futureDate.Date

Depending on the date this will return a decimal like 42129.6578; I have tried doing futureDate.Value.Day and futureDate.Date.Day but the error says is not supported.

Comment

Issue resolved, here is the correct syntax to retrieve data from the DateTimePicker:

Day(DateTimePicker.Date)
                Month(DateTimePicker.Date)
                Year(DateTimePicker.Date)

Thanks to all for your support.

Comment

What if i need the template to autoselect todays date instead of having the Journalist choose that via DateTimePicker? The DateTimePicker shows me todays date at the bottom with a red circle around it. That is what I want it to autoselect. What parameter/syntax do i refer to here?

Comment

Code:
                    sub Init()
                      DateTimePicker.Date = Date()
                    end sub

Comment

Thanks man. You are a star

Comment

Dyou have a sample scene I can look at? i'm trying this and not sure where to put the commands.

Comment

DataCountdown

I have added 2 examples for you. One for triggering an event when the time reach 0 and the other for controlling the countdown value. Hope this helps
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanks

the parameter control in the datacountdown scene works great. I could swear I tried that at one point... Do you know if there is a way to have this hold at 00:00:00 until its triggered? Thanks again. You rock.

Comment

Hold function

This is the easy way out, but it works. All you need to do is load the scene and its stuck on 00:00:00 on continue it just switches to another running countdown. It does the trick though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X