No announcement yet.

Using Trio Concepts with Ignite/Mos/TL

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Trio Concepts with Ignite/Mos/TL

I wanted to implement Concepts for our news station so we can output different graphic looks with the same template/info, like by having Morning, Midday & Night time looks.
    We work in a MOS / Ignite / ENPS / ActiveX / TL environment. I set up some test scenes in Artist & named the folders as it appears I should (Concept=Morning, Concept=Night) & it works perfectly when I mos activate a rundown, set the Concept from the dropdown in Trio & then Take the graphics with the buttons in Trio. But because we don't have an actual Trio operator, a Director uses Ignite to call up the graphics -- & it isn't working. Ignite uses the MSE to push the content to air. So it seems like the information in the Trio's Concept dropdown isn't being invoked & sent to the MSE.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this & could offer some help. I'm not sure if something would need to be added to all the director's TMEs or if it might be a simple issue of not having something set correctly on Trio. Thanks for any help in advance!

Trio 3.1.1
    Artist 3.8.2
    TW 5.5.0
    Pilot 5.5
    (upgrading in 2018)

From my experience when working with ignite you can probably have a ignite trigger a macro to change the concepts. We have done it where ignite calls a page number to trigger a macro. The page number would be in the TME. The other way is to have the same macro triggered through a GPI which requires you to run a cable for communication between ignite and Trio.

Thanks for the info Shotski2!